Our journey building our new casaview home

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tiles resolution

I never mentioned the resolution for the tiles in the ensuite. The feature tile was cut from its body because whilst it was supposed to be the same white as the other tiles, when it arrived it wasn’t. It’s baked separately to create the feature and that changed the white. So, the best thing was to cut the tile.

In regards to the mis-coloured soap dish. It is white, just a different white. Casaview know about the difference in colour so I hope they make mention of the colour difference to future clients, it's the right thing to do. Saves any disappointment and the time discussing it. I spoke with the guy from the tile shop and he said that they could remove the dish and tile, replace it etc. I thought about it…would it be worth disturbing the water proof membrane? Maybe not. So I didn’t take it further.

In relation to my ensuite gripes I guess my issue is not with the tiler but I keep saying that. I should clarify that I really mean the tile company/consultant. They/he was pleasant in person but I think the tile company could run a tighter ship. They took ions to get back with quotes for extras, didn’t return my calls so I had to chase things several times and I believe they ordered the tiles too late, which is why a couple of days before the install I had to change the floor tiles. I still think the tile consultant should have advised me better. In fairness they did look a better match in the show room, I don’t know...old samples or whatever, otherwise I wouldn’t have chose them. All in all I did find myself saying to M "they're a bit slack". All these things plus the colours, then the soap dish, cut tiles etc all contributed to my overall experience.

I guess I might give some feedback to Casaview later and suggest to them that if anyone notices that tiles don't really match at any stage, they could as a very personal touch and courtesy give the client a call and say “look the feature you chose in this situation doesn’t match the floor, do you want to go to the show room today and pick another tile?”. I would have been there in an instant! It wouldn’t have been too much of an inconvenience to gives us the option to change that small amount of tiles before they were laid.  We would have been thrilled at this attention to detail instead of disappointed and thus worrying over every little thing in that room and annoying them about it.

At the end of the day, yes, the tiles could match better but it's not the disaster I was thinking it was. Like I said yesterday the ensuite with the other fittings looks nice now and I may even be happy once it's all finished and clean. Ouch, did I say that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...