Our journey building our new casaview home

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Handover happened today

We got the keys this morning and we're so pleased with our house, it looks amazing. Casaview have been fantastic. We got a nice welcome gift pack with all the usual paper work but we also got some wine and other tid bits which felt really special. I think it was a really nice touch. Best of all though our house looks great. My fav has to be the kitchen. I did a happy kitchen dance more than once today. 
Welcome pack...loved it.

Michael managed to put up all the blinds that we decided to do ourselves and he also got most of the curtain rails up. I got to work moving over the smaller items, removing any stickers, filling cupboards and later put up the curtains where possible. I still need to steam them but they look good. It's going to take a bit of getting used to as we have never really been big curtain people but we felt the room could take them and we wanted a bit more sophistication adding to the space.  Michael also didn’t want blinds on the large stacker so curtains it is.  
Looks a bit like a reception lounge but looks better IRL. Not as cream, this is night time. They will also shrink a bit when I wash them so we needed to make sure they don't look short later.

Tonight we got together a tonne of stuff and took down the beds ready to put up tomorrow. We have a fair bit of paper work to read but we are so tired we can’t possibly tonight. Anyway it was blog or read, of course I chose to blog about our first day. I have lots to learn about the house…it took me almost half an hour to figure out how to turn the oven on! Now I just have to figure out all the other fan dangle features because it has a few. Chloe touched it this arvo and I was worried it would turn it self on and cook a chicken so I turned it off at the power. That should stop little fingers and you smart oven. The next two or three weeks are going to be full on. No nanna naps for me for a while. It’s just begun and I am sooooo happy even though my body already hurts!
My favorite bit so far. My kitchen with the welcome pack
 A final note...thank you to our builder Casaview, you guys rock! You built our home in  5 months and 14 days with rain. Especially our SS(you know who you are) and now I know you have been reading my little bloggy, I hope I didn't stress you out too much with my stressing and noting every little concern. Our home is awesome, you're a legend and I thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your blog and I love it. I am considering building my home with Casaview and by the sound of it, they seem to be really good. Also, your SS seems great! Was hoping that you could provide his information to me via email as I would love for him/her to look after my build. My email is fnapoli86@hotmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...