Our journey building our new casaview home

Monday, July 25, 2011

A few issues

Mostly minor but still


Oh this ensuite M hates me to say but it is the BOME. Yet another issue with the tiles. The feature tile was originally a white tile with a border on it. One tile. The tiler for some unknown reason cut the feature part off the top of the tile and laid it as two pieces. It looks stupid up close, not to mention the more grout, the more mould can grow and the more I have to clean. I think the cuts may even be crooked. That tiler is a real a worry. I have no confidence in them. I only noticed this today. The tiles are all dirty as well making it look worse I think but and the overall room isn't doing it for me. Again some guidance from the tiler would have been appreciated but I guess you can't expect an idiot to advise you well...I have more issues to raise with SS. This photo shows the mismatched floor feature colour. Don't get me started.

 
The toilets got installed. The master toilet looks a bit unsightly. You see we changed the bathroom layout meaning the vanity was pushed back, that meant it showed more of the toilet bowl. Oh well can’t do anything about that. It doesn't really bother me that much it just would have looked better with a different bowl. Otherwise I like the overall look of that bathroom. Gee I love those doors. I like the vanity too. Taps are all in.


Oh except this. brought to my attention today because my SIL is building and was telling us that their tiler has put a ceramic soap holder in the shower. They have white tiles and the soap holder is off white. Doesn't match. Today I had a look at ours and it’s the same, doesn't match. The tiling around it doesn't look to crash either here. Hmmmm Disappointing.I have to keep in mind that there is dust everywhere which makes the tiles look all dirty and not as nice. Still have to raise that one with SS. He's gonna love me!



Upside...The kitchen looks amazing with the bulk head painted and new cornice on. The cornice is coming away slightly in one spot but it is easily fixed. The caesar stone top goes in on Wednesday. It was to be done Friday gone but the rain and mud held it off.

All the electrics are done. Down lights etc. Looks great.

 More upsides...and there is always an upside. The family room is awesome. Love the giant space.



Love the gorgeous light and large windows.

Love our kitchen

We noticed when we went through today that there are quite a few dings and knocks in the doors and architraves. I don’t know how they fix those. Also the floor tiles are filthy because the tradies have been dragging mud through with the recent rain. The grout is all dirty. I really hope they can get that off.
The paint looks a bit thin in places, especially in Chloe’s bedroom but the painting isn’t finished yet so it will most likely be fine. We are also getting a feature wall in her bedroom now. We are paying the painter directly. He was there today and offered to do it for us. He's a nice guy.  It will cost us the same for me to do the job as it will be to have him do it. I chose Taubmans Bronte Pink. Love it.

Overall I guess there could be worse things but I have a couple of things to raise with SS.  My only real disappointment with the entire build to date is that ensuite and it all comes down to the tiler. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...