Our journey building our new casaview home

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tiles are almost complete

I went past the house last night because I got home a little before dusk.

The main floor, bathroom floors and front porch are all done. As for the bathroom walls I'm pretty sure they will be complete today.

The main floor looks fantastic. Light and airy which is what I wanted. They did look a little greyer than expected (I put that down to the light at dusk). The straight pattern looks good, even though I really wanted diagonal with a border to begin with, I am very happy with the result. The stairs(the main reason for the straight pattern) look really good too.

I could only see the bathroom floors from a distance but they looked OK from where I stood. Again a bit darker but that dusk light probably had a lot to do with it.

The front porch looks a bit lighter than I remember but suits the brick and internal tile(that butt up to them) well. They will look nice with a plant stand I have my eye on. Gray wicker.

I wish I could get in and take some photos it's so exciting. I have a front porch pic but from my phone so I'll hold off posting until I can get "real" pics.

Footnote: will someone please tell me how to spell grey/gray in the right context.Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...