Our journey building our new casaview home

Monday, May 2, 2011

Tiles

Well we selected the final tiles last week. There is a funny story behind it though.

M and I went to make the initial selections together. Then I had an appointment to advise the tiler of our final choices last Friday as M couldn't make it.

Now I liked this wall tile for our ensuite as a feature



but M wasn't as keen. Plus we felt that it needed a grey floor tile and that a less grey floor tile went better against our taupe carpet.

So we both liked another similar feature tile in a taupe colour. As shown here.

Honestly I like this less but M said lets have that one. Now you just need to find a floor tile to match it. I hated the floor tile they had matched up with it. It looked like ostrich skin to me. Not a good look on a tile.

I also had to select a feature tile for the front porch to give this effect.


M also suggested that we have a feature tile in the kitchen. He left this up to me to choose. He could vito them if he didn't like them and the cost still may put them out anyway. We agreed other than this brief that I wouldn't change any of the other tiles, which is fair enough.

So I trotted off to the tiler and advised him of all our selections. I then found a gorgeous floor tile to match the aforementioned feature tile. Not a great pic but it is a travertine look tile. You can see a small section of carpet with it here.


And then with more carpet and paint here.


As I was doing it I noticed some other plainer but still nice feature tiles but as we agreed I didn't want to go against M. I also had to phone reception so couldn't call him for a consult. So thinking he loved this tile I chose it and left. Nothing more to say.

As I drove away I doubted if I really loved it. This is not a good sign for me. I do really like it but am scared that I won't like it in a few years. Then we will be stuck with it long term. I mean we won't be getting a new bathroom until the tiles start popping off I imagine. Well I hope they don't do that but you get my drift, it'll be a while. So I silently wondered had we made a mistake.

I wondered all weekend and then I finally couldn't take it anymore and mentioned my uncertainty. M informed me that this tile was the lesser of two evils so to speak and went with it thinking I loved it. Which I do but ahhhhhhh.

I rang the tiler today and he said I can come in and change that particular tile even though I really have made the final choice. I told him we are not that happy with it and would rather a plain white tile than a tile that I am not sure about. I know myself and if I am not 100% about it and then get told I can't change it I will  HATE it.

I am now waiting for him to call back to let me know what time. Phew! Disaster avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...