Our journey building our new casaview home

Monday, April 25, 2011

Outdoor Awnings

My friend recently had her outdoor awning finished and it is stunning.  Beautiful timber with a pitched roof and rafters painted in off white. It had a little corner seat which was a nice touch. I don't have a photo but it's similar to this.



I love everything about this awning above but I'm just not sure it would work for us. I am the one that would have to eventually re-paint it and I don't fancy getting up there and painting all those rafters on my own. Then there is the pitched roof so dreamy but our house is quite high at the back and a pitch may make the awning ceiling too high. I want a warm, intimate place to sit and the ceiling height may mean this isn't the case.

So we could have this option in colourbond. Our pitch would run this way and I'm not sure about that. No painting though.


or this option. Still colourbond but with an automated opening roof. I really love this idea but it is pricey.


or we could get a timber pergola and put roof sheets on part of it and leave some open or cover the lot. This is lovely. New england style. It's so romantic. Of course ours would be on a much bigger scale.


or there is this colourbond flat roof. Least expensive colourbond option with no painting. Very functional and that's about it.


I have these romantic ideas of beautiful painted timber awnings but I am quite pragmatic and thrifty when all is said and done so maintenance and price will probably win out. Of course M is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...