Our journey building our new casaview home

Saturday, April 16, 2011

1 day ahead of schedule

M and I drove past so we could look at the windows and plumbing and see if anything was done yesterday. We got a nice surprise because the bricks are on site. I was worried they might be a bit dark which I blogged about before but those other bricks must be a different company or type as the bricks we chose and the bricks on site look the same - a nice light grey colour. We love them. There is a pallet of red bricks as well but they are being bagged so they won't be red for long. Bricking starts this week. WOW.

Sorbetto bricks

Grey is the exterior colour the taupe goes on the inside

All lined up

They also put the stacked door in yesterday. Looks nice.


Double stacker


windows missing the bottom bar. Looks odd to me. You can see what the idea is though. Some of the modern homes seem a little bland, clean, sterile to me. I think the colonial windows will had a charming detail. Once we add the right lights etc it should look nice. I was going to go with a modern, featureless screen on the front door but now am thinking maybe a decorative one will be nicer on our house. Plenty of time to decide on that one.
We are so happy with the progress so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...