Our journey building our new casaview home

Monday, August 9, 2010

The kitchen is going to be great, money dependant of course.

Meet with Mario from Brindabella on Friday. Spent an hour and a half going over the changes we would like. He had a few drawings ready from our telephone discussions.

I wanted a white kitchen but then saw alabaster and it looks so much like white but a bit warmer that I started swinging towards it. Looked at Caesarstone benches. Still like osprey but also like white shimmer it is osprey but with a shimmer, very nice and different. Also liked white snow. Michael likes them all. Am off the cracked pepper as different samples have different composites of aggregate in them and the one I saw on Friday had a lot of black which I didn't like. Anyway made preliminary decisions.

Variations include(essential)

moving sink
moving dishwasher
adding breakfast bar of 1.5meters(there wasn't enough bench space)
adding extra cupboards
caesarstone benches at 92cm depth not 74cm.
add to over head cupboard height(not essential but recommended as ceiling height is 2.945 and bulk head would look strange they say).

Other options I would love are: polyurethane doors(I like satin), glass overhead cabinets and canopy range hood. Michael would like silver kick boards. Michael isn't as into the range hood or glass cabinets but I am. So we just have to wait to see what the first lot of variation costs are like. I guess they can be justified if they are in budget but I'm really not sure the budget will allow the changes but a girl can dream big can't she. Some compromises will have to be made and these items are luxuries not essentials.

So on Sunday arvo I started to feel a bit better(I've been quite sick) so Michael asked me to go to the show home up the road from us so we could look at the benches in the house there. When we got there low and behold they had the kitchen I dreamed of sitting right there with the same colours and everything we have already chosen or would like. High ceilings, white cupboards, bulk head, osprey caesarstone, same door handles, double sink, lots of bench space, silver kick boards, polyurethane doors(I like satin), glass overhead cabinets, 900mm oven with gas cooker and canopy range hood. IT LOOKED AMAZING. As I said I won't get it all but it did look super and even with what we are already getting it's going to look great. I'm so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...