Our journey building our new casaview home

Monday, August 16, 2010

Exterior Colours

We decided after much debate to not go with the crema brick. It's nice and classic but I couldn't decide on the other colours and I didn't want everything to be cream. Michael wanted black which I didn't want this time. I just don't think it would look as good as out current homes facade and I didn't want to feel disappointed. We saw the new house built by another couple in all cream and it looked so bland and dull. Neither of us liked it. Plus I really wanted white windows and that would look crapola.

So we have decided that this is going to be the colour scheme. The only thing up for debate and decision is whether to use the charcoal brick named espresso as a feature on the front portico (Michael's idea) or to bag and paint in mid grey (my preferred option).  

Actually it is going to be quite different to any other house in the area, hopefully in a good way. I didn't want a stock standard house facade. The facade on our current home is so lovely and it is going to be hard to beat so I am hoping that going completely different this time will pay off.

It is hard to get a real idea from the samples below as the brick will make up 60% of the colour so it is a bit disproportionate but you get the drift. I'm actually excited. I can see it finished in my head and it looks good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...