Our journey building our new casaview home

Monday, February 28, 2011

This is the look I have to marry with the one from the previous post






This is classic modern. Still has the white but mixed with dark timber furniture. This is beautiful. Only trouble is I have to work with what we have as well. I do want this look for the top level of our house. There is Ikea used quite a bit in these rooms but it is well blended. That is my intention.

I am wondering can I do this on level one and then the other on level two. Our house is split level. I already have some good pieces to start this look off with. I reckon I can pull it off.

 I have a great table from the sixties I can use as an occasional desk for my laptop but it needs a paint. I have an antique hall stand from my granddad, it could do with a restore but I can't do it. Maybe one day I can have it professionally done.  We have a chest of drawers for our bedroom that needs staining and new knobs. I have an old chair that needs recovering too. I am going to paint our house too once we live there and get a feel for the space. I am loving the turquoise paint from pic2 at the moment. I am thinking for our bedroom.

I have to find a space for all my ideas now. Sometimes I wish the house was going to be a bit bigger but then I think about the reasons it isn't and my main one cleaning and then I think no, we made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...