Our journey building our new casaview home

Monday, February 28, 2011

Style Confusion

 
I am a bit confused about the decorating aspect which bemuses me because I KNOW knew what my style is but now I am liking a few bits that may not actually go with 'the' style OR am going back to a style I liked years ago OR maybe I just like an eclectic style and need to embrace that. Anyway I'm a little confused...

I know I love white and light. I also love some colour. Hence the coloured quilt in the previous post which Michael agreed we could keep but with the tag " the things I will do for you!".

I love the wall shelves below they are fabulous for picture arrangements. Using these I change my photo arrangements when ever I want to without putting holes everywhere. Brilliant!




Above are our existing cabinets in white and pine.
This is as shown in our last house. Doesn't Ikea furniture look so much nicer without all the tags.


I love these curtains for our family room. I showed Micahel and he likes them too which is great. His taste surprises me sometimes. I expected him to hate them. I am not certain they will be "the" curtains because they are rather thin which allows alot of light to penetrate which may be too much but I do love them. They are cheap too so may be great for "an until we can afford blinds" option.

This was the only style I loved for years. Classic, modern scandanavian. Coutesy of my favorite store Ikea. I love the birch furniture with the light gray and white soft furnishings. They have such short dark days in Sweden and this colour pallet works well in that environment as it allows as much light reflection as possible. It works equally as well here as we have really short winters so we live a very sunny existance. I really like the jute rug. I got my eye on that one.

We already have these bookcases in birch but I would like these white doors for them. Once the doors are installed they will match our existing furniture pcitured above(pic2 I think). The doors will hide some of the items or books, making the shelves less busy and making them more conjusive to living outside the study, maybe in the family room or media room. This will then allow more space for Michael's musical equipment in the study.

Michael would like a leather futon in his music room but I don't think one will fit. I saw this chair which I think is perfect for sitting and playing guitar. Michael did however point out to me that we have ALOT of chairs already. Maybe we can use one of those instead.

I also like this option for one of my bookcases. I want to get rid of our existing cabinet that houses our glassware. It is beech and goes with NOTHING. I think this would be a great alternative. In fact I think I want to get rid of alot of the glasses as well. We have sooo many. All engagement and wedding gifts that we almost never use. I am sure Michael will want to keep every last one of those dust catchers. I could paint the glass cabinet white. I wonder if that will work. It's better than sticking it in the garage. Hmmm.

Michael wants a high backed desk for the music room/study. This matches really well.
 
I also like these curtains but think I may tire of them more quickly.
 

This is the style I want for our family room. Here is another example of those great picture rail shelves.  
  
Now I just have to marry it all up to get the look I love without buying all new furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...