Our journey building our new casaview home

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So far Casaview have been great.

Firstly their sales person when I made my initial enquiry stuffed up and told us the package was $7K cheaper than it was supposed to be. I enquired on one lot in our to be street and she directed me to another saying I had it wrong. Now apparently I was not wrong but she was. When this came to light and they realised what she had done, they called us to explain and after a few calls, with no stress on our part honoured the cheaper incorrect price. I have to say I think this was great.

Secondly, I spoke to Bill the architect at Casaview today about various things and he seems so lovely. He returns my calls promptly and takes his time to discuss our needs. He has done this since my first contact with him last week. So far so good.

We got the quote for the split level today, which may I say was done within a week, thank you to Rob. I was a bit scared as I have heard horror stories of variation quotes taking forever but it seems Rob has it sorted. Anywho...drum roll...it is totally doable! YAH! Michael was right! Yah! So we are having the house split level. It is going to be lovely. Almost the entire house will have higher ceilings. 500mm higher than the norm. This reduces the level at the rear of the home. It may even remove the need for a deck completely which will save us a bundle because there is stenciled concrete included. Bill is checking the new elevations to be exact and will get back to us soon. I can see it now, the high ceilings will certainly make the space seem much larger which helps as our home is not going to be huge. 26 squares if I didn't mention that previously.

We will be getting our new drawings once we decide what to do with a few other areas under discussion. This is a direct paste from Rob's email to Michael and myself. "Note – the alfresco enclosure will be drawn on the next set of dwgs you receive."

Yah I am soooo excited! Now if I could just learn or unlearn how to stop mistyping the word "teh" or sorry the! Please forgive my lazy brain and fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...