Our journey building our new casaview home

Friday, July 23, 2010

House Colours

I went over to the display room today and had a first look at the colours for real.

Found a lovely paint. Taubmans - moonlight frost

Mixed n match the colours Michael and I have been discussing for the exterior and to me the cream and dark grey seems to work better with the brick than the light grey, white and dark grey. Another couple were in the SR at the time and I asked them and they agreed. Of course Michael will have to have a look himself. I brought home some samples for him to have a look at so it will be interesting to see what he thinks.

I saw samples of the Caesarstone tops, most are lovely. I saw the Osprey and Snow both are how I imagined but what was a real surprise and not even on the spectrum - Cracked Pepper. Oh it's so nice. I don't know how it would go with everything else or Michael's opinion but I liked it.

1.cracked pepper(much nicer in RL 2. osprey(much whiter in RL) 3. snow(white)

I went to the tile place which is two doors away and had a look. Wow lots of nice tiles are included so I can't imagine the endless possibilities. I saw gorgeous main floor tiles in a cream stone look. Oh la la. The tiler was there and said on the diagonal will cost about $6/sm2, that adds around $470, not sure if that is workable yet with our other changes but we don't have to decide on tiles until the frame is up, so a while yet.

I saw gorgeous blue glass mosaics(not included) but divine and tempting. A really nice white matt tile with a stripe pattern impressed into the tile(included) for the kitchen, something I never imagined but also really  tempting. Modern taupe and grey striped bathroom tiles that just said wow factor. The tiler said we can have them as a feature(inc) he would work them in for us. If I was choosing today and alone I could have gone classic and chosen tiles in 20 minutes or I could have made more on the pulse choices but that would have taken all day. What will win for us? The classic plan that doesn't date or the on a whim what we like now? I wonder what Michael will like? We had no probs picking tiles for our current home so hopefully it will be the same.

Speaking of extra costs we are awaiting so many price variations and have not heard back anything as yet. It makes it so difficult as to know where to spend money or cut it.

We need the cost on the split level and/or the cost on the deck and pergola. We need a cost on the kitchen extension. We need costs on retaining walls and possibly painting Chloe's room a different colour to every where else to save me the hassle after we move in and the carpet is down. 

I had a lot of fun looking around today but I didn't see nearly half the tiles. Michael is having a day off soon. Guess where some of the day will be spent?? I'm guessing much to Michael's disdain but I LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...