Our journey building our new casaview home

Friday, July 23, 2010

Interior colours

This is a direct copy form Sweet PTB really it needs to be over hear.

For the interior I like white. I was talking to Michael about the kitchen and I said white cupboards, white tiles and white caesar bench. I like snow and osprey. He just walked off saying and I quote " white, white, white and more white, everything is going to be WHITE!". Owww sorry, I thought you knew I liked white but at least I am not trying to "shabby chic your life!". There will be NO shab, maybe a little chic but I would like a classic but modern look.

I still love Ikea so there will be ikea too, I can't help myself and I have no intention of disposing of my current furniture whilst it is in perfect condition so there will be ikea. I am hoping that through some clever design, bargain finds, second hand fixer uppers and a little muscle to be able to have a lovely, lovely decorated home that doesn't cost the earth.

Now remember this is what I would like. Michael still has to have his say but this is my blog so this is what I want, whether I get it is another thing but indulge me please.

So you know I want a white kitchen, that goes for the bathrooms and laundry as well. I like cream natural looking floor tiles the same as in our current home. Large format for the living spaces laid on the diagonal with a border. A similar colour smaller format tile for the bathrooms/laundry. I am thinking either dark taupe carpet or possibly dark grey, I like it's ability to disguise any marks. Off white walls and trims. White furnishings with some natural timber pieces to warm the space. Cream and white couches. I have also been thinking too much white may look cold or lack some depth with the all white kitchen and so many white furnishings and pale walls and floors so I think we should splash some colour about the place through pictures and cushions and ornaments. Things that can be changed easily should we tire of them. Maybe a couple of feature walls. I was thinking taupe in the family room but that doesn't add much colour, I just had an idea - pale icy turquoise for the family room I can see that now, Oh that would be lovely. Dark blue like almost navy would be fabulous in the media room, very moody and would set the scene for dark DVD viewing during the day. I wonder if Michael would go for either of those, he is pretty adventurous with colour. Michael wants to add doors to the media room to block out the light and I think the blue would absorb more light. I'll have to talk to him about colours once we move into the house and see how the light plays in each room. For now it's all white on white with a bit of cream, taupe or grey I guess.

It's so exciting. Of course the house won't be what it is supposed to be when we first move in. I wish I could fast forward five years and have a peek around. I would love to see the garden too. Oh this is so exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...