Our journey building our new casaview home

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why is it so?

Two houses are currently being built side by side(one of them has the awful colour combo I mentioned in a previous post DOH!). Anyway whilst the bricks are both PGH Sorbetto they look different to each other.

I wondered why...both houses being built simultaneously, side by side, both are the same brick, both in the same light, both the same builder. Are they different batches of bricks? Why do the look so different? One looks dirty...yet they have both been cleaned. Why? I kept driving past, wondering and inspecting.

The other day I sat staring at those houses thinking to myself, I hope our bricks don't look like those dirty ones! Then it dawned on me...different mortar colour and finish. One has a natural cement mortar (grey) with a flush finish and the other has an off white mortar that is ironed. The off white ironed mortar looks so much nicer, cleaner. A sense of relief came over me as I thought thank God you chose wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...